Thanks for making contact with Seeds of Gippsland. Our next step is to learn a little about you, your property and project ideas, so we can start to work out how we can help.
A phone call is easy, or – if you like forms – you can fill in the blanks on the next page and email it back to us. We value your privacy and any information provided is treated as confidential.
Our basic process of client engagement looks something like this:
- Initial contact or enquiry
- Follow-up (eg. phone call) to share information and make appointment for site visit
- Meeting on site (~1 hr): discuss ideas, how we can help and what it might cost
- Quote or estimate provided, with follow-up discussion as needed
- Quote accepted – or agreement on services and price
- Commence work (eg. plan seed or plant supply, carry out site assessment, design project).
There is no obligation to proceed or provide payment until after a quote has been provided and accepted. However, you are welcome to book our services at any time.
Timelines and planning
Our yearly schedule is shaped by the seasons, as follows:
|Month||In nature and nurseries||Tasks|
|Flowering wattles||Direct seeding|
|Seedlings ready||Seed and plant delivery|
|September-October||Warmer weather||Meet landowners, look at sites|
|Flowering in profusion||Design projects, plan work for the next year|
|Nurseries sourcing seed, taking orders||Order plants from nurseries|
|November-March||Seed ripening||Collect and process seed|
|Nurseries propagating||Vegetation assessments|
|March-May||Bursaria seed ripens||Collect late seed|
|Seedlings ready||Tree-planting, direct seeding|
|June||Short days, cold weather||Reporting and administration!|
Combining on-ground works, botanical expertise, education and publicity, to provide a uniquely holistic project management and community engagement service.